LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY POLICY
A Limited Hardware Warranty generally provides a warranty that the Product is free from material defects in materials and workmanship that cause product failure during fair and reasonable usage of the Product for the warranty period. All used or "Pulled" hardware products delivered, assembled, or installed by San Marcos Computers LLC are subject to a 180 day limited warranty from the date of purchase unless otherwise stated in writing. San Marcos Computers LLC warrants all Refurbished Computers purchased with or without an operating system with a 180 day parts and labor depot warranty unless otherwise stated on invoice. San Marcos Computers LLC will replace any defective part during the warranty period if so deemed necessary by our technical staff. Replacement parts will be of like specifications as the parts replaced. All warranty repairs will be performed at San Marcos Computers LLC depot located at 2020 Old Ranch Road 12, San Marcos TX 78666. San Marcos Computers LLC. makes no other warranties expressed or implied with respect to hardware products other than the limited warranty referred to above.Generally, a Limited Hardware Warranty does not apply to product failure due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- •Improper installation or handling or non-compliance with instruction manual or other warranty provider instructions.
- •Accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, corrosion, physical damage, rusting and staining, and all other forms of improper usage.
- •Damage from external causes and natural disaster, such as flood, storm, fire, sand, dirt, earthquake, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather effect, lightning, moisture, water, liquid, heat, vibration, corrosive environment, electrical surge, battery leakage, theft or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection.
- •Any Product that has had its serial number altered, defaced or removed.
- •Insufficient or excessive electrical supply.
- •Abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions.
- •Unauthorized disassembly, alterations, repairs or modifications.
- •Damage to the Product or it being rendered ineffective due to putting in, using, or attempting to put in or use, products/modules/parts/components that are: (i) not designed to specifications provided in the user guide or at our web site, (ii) incompatible with the Product, and/or (iii) counterfeit products/modules/parts/components. Whether a product/module/part/component is incompatible or a counterfeit shall be at our sole determination.
- •Installation of any incompatible third party application or any corrupted application or content that affects the Product’s software or firmware.
- •Damage or loss of data due to (i) interoperability with current and/or future versions of operating systems or other current and/or future software and hardware, (ii) a computer virus, worm, Trojan horse or memory content corruption, or (iii) malfunction of or defect in the Product.
- •In the case of communications products, the use of the Product outside the borders of the country that it is intended for (as indicated by any local telecommunication approval stickers).
San Marcos Computers LLC and the provider of the Limited Hardware Warranty shall not be liable for:
- •Loss of data during the use or attempted use of the Product or any of our or our affiliated companies’ service(s). Data retrieval or recovery is not covered under this warranty, and is not part of the warranty repair or exchange process.
- •Damage to other products, including but not limited to personal computers, used with the Product.
- •Third party charges and costs incurred by You for troubleshooting, removing, servicing, repairing or installing any Product(s) or Software or third party-branded products or software.
- •Damage resulting from a third party-branded product or software that causes the Product to fail.
- •Any consequential, indirect or incidental damages, lost profits, lost savings, loss of business investments, loss of goodwill, or interference with business relationships as a result of lost data and from the usage of the Product or any of our or our affiliated companies’ service(s).
- •Any period of time the Product is at the service center or in transit. Purchaser’s citing this period of time in an attempt to extend the warranty period shall have no effect.
The Limited Hardware Warranty may give Purchaser specific legal rights. Purchaser may also have other rights, which vary from state to state and country to country. The terms of the Limited Hardware Warranty generally do not exclude such rights. Some states and countries disallow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the exclusion of liability for injury (including death) caused by negligence, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to Purchaser depending on the relevant jurisdiction.Please refer to any Limited Hardware Warranty or other warranty documentation accompanying Your Product for more specific terms and conditions.In the event of any conflict with the terms of this policy, the terms of the Limited Hardware Warranty or other warranty document accompanying Your Product shall govern.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, San Marcos Computers LLC DISCLAIMS AND MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL San Marcos Computers LLC BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL San Marcos Computers LLC'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT(S).
Any new, unused, unsold, undamaged product that proven to be defective within 7 days of the invoice date shall be deemed as dead-on-arrival ("DOA"), subject to verification by San Marcos Computers LLC. DOA products MUST be claimed with San Marcos Computers LLC within 7 days of the invoice date. All product(s) requested and authorized as return for DOA (Dead on Arrival) must be received by San Marcos Computers LLC within the 14 (14) days of original purchase date.San Marcos Computers LLC reserves the rights to repair, exchange or issue credit to Purchaser on DOA product.